PERFORMANCE l FITNESS l FUN l HEALTH I HAPPINESS
Activewear for healthy bodies - skin friendly and eco friendly fabric at its best.
Our innovative fabric reflect our philosophy of fitness and active living by performing at our level best while having fun and most importantly being happy in our skin and with what we do and be. Our fabric is designed to be lightweight, buttery soft, moisture wicking, anti-microbial, breathable with 4 way stretch providing the ultimate comfort. Therefore, our fabric is a perfect choice for those allergic or itchy skin.
WEAR ORGANIC is passionate about both healthy and skin friendly products while promoting ethical and sustainable choices furthering the quality of life. Along with all our ethos, our fabric blends also reflect these conscious choices we have made supporting ethical suppliers and sustainable practices.
Bamboo is one of the most versatile products and feels buttery soft and silky on the skin. WEAR ORGANIC fabric blends use bamboo making our products light and breathable with highly absorbent qualities which helps keep your body cool and refreshed all along even after a session of harrowing workout.
- Bamboo is known to have natural moisture wicking properties which means WEAR ORGANIC products will absorb and evaporate sweat quickly making it ideal for those sweaty activities and the warm weather.
- The properties of bamboo helps the fabric to be highly breathable in warm weather and keeps the body warm in the cold weather than traditional blends.
- Bamboo has antibacterial properties which means bacteria do not live in the fabric blends which helps our products to remain fresh and non-smelly in the longer run.
- Bamboo is known to be great for sensitive skin as it is anti fungal. This makes our products a blessing for allergy sufferers.
- Bamboo is a natural sun screen. This provides our products with natural UV protection making them a great choice for those outdoor and beach activities.
Bamboo, part of the grass family can be harvested easily by simply cutting off the stems without disturbing the root system and grows fast with virtually no maintenance. Being a rapid regenerative plant, bamboo does not need replanting and grows on its own without much effort. This remarkable plant does not need much resources such as water either and holds the soil in place which means it is friendly to the ecosystem and therefore highly sustainable. A hectare of bamboo produces sixty tons of fiber as opposed to cotton which can produce only two tons from a hectare.
Organic cotton is softer than the cotton grown using conventional methods. Our GOTS certified organic cotton is sourced from organically grown and certified manufacturers. Conventional growing methods use an astounding 30% of the world’s insecticide and pesticide. In many countries this also means that workers are exposed to multitudes of harmful and toxic chemicals. Organically grown cotton does not use genetically modified organism (GMO), pesticides or insecticides. This also mean that they are are a healthier ad sustainable alternative and much softer and more comfortable which feels wonderful on the skin.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) states that exposure to pesticide poisoning during the manufacturing process is the cause of a high number of deaths each year especially in developing countries (WHO,1994). Pesticides are also linked to chronic illnesses such as cancer, migraines and reproductive issues which means that cotton workers are exposed to such illnesses (WHO, 2018).
World Health Organization (WHO), 1994. Global strategy on occupational health for all, the way to health at work. Recommendations of the second meeting of the WHO collaboration centers in occupational health. Beijing, China: WHO.